Pages

Oct 28, 2011

HBCU FOOTBALL GAME: TUSKEGEE X KENTUCKY STATE UNIVERSITY

Although my mom attended art school in Philly, she ended up at KSU-an hbcu-and met my dad. So without gushing and beign dumb, it's fair to say that without HBCUs I wouldn't be here. Almost all of my cousins on my mother's side have attended HBCUs. A tradition in the HBCU world is the institution of football games.I'm not a sports girl myself. I'm more of a gallery/show girl. But when you're an international fly girl, you have to enjoy all things...Including football. It's the highlight of the homecoming celebrations-along with coronation-and it is a great excuse to eat hotdogs and fried fish...Some saltfish bake would have been AMAZING that day...I digress.
It was so much fun!

Me and my aunt. A Tuskegee U almuni and Delta Sigma Theta Sorority member;)

TU team

TU majorettes/dancers

Le BAND!

the show was super classy. I can't say the same for KSU

They did a rendition of "Boo Thang" in which they humped the ground...

GO TIGERS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...