Pages

Feb 24, 2011

Speaking of South Africa...

As you know, I think Kevin Carter is an awesome photographer(Don't screw it up Taylor) I've been reading the Bang Bang Club, it's pretty much life changing. Anyway, I was strolling you-tube, looking for interviews. I found Ken Oosterbrook getting shot and wheeled off to the hospital ( it killed him.) But I did find a video...
It's by the Manic Street Preachers! They are a cool band from the UK and this song is pretty awesome. It's suprisingly not sad given the outcome of Kevin's life...

I really don't understand the placement of the whole "Kaffir Lover Forever" line. I get it. But really it doesn't make sense in context to the song. I don't believe that he necessarily loved black people...more like a humanitarian obligation to do the right thing by everyone.
 But hey, that's just me!

HERE IT IS YALL!
                         


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...