Pages

Feb 28, 2011

Why I Question Pharrell


As a member of his entertainment site KIDULT, I feel that there is a dichotomy between how I feel and what I should say. I also feel that there is an alegiance that I have with myself as an independent thinker. There has to be a voice of reason in last summer's situation. I know it's old and they've probably patched things up...but Pharrell and Lynn Hirschberg were careless! I feel that they live within this realm of fake heroism. Lynn, because she is a prominent "journalist" who "feels" that she brings issues to the world and Pharrell, because he feels that he is shepherding the world to a higher sense of existence through his music.( I admit, he is a musical genious and a brilliant man.) Being green doesn't make you a good person. Being articulate doesn't mean that you are right. Having Social pull doesn't mean that you can stab the opposing P.O.V in the back. Maybe this quote (like M.I.A's article for the nytimes) was taken out of context...
THIS QUOTE ANGERS ME.
Because he has failed to see the importance in her point of view.
He (like America) is being sooo blind to the point that he doesn't see that her point isn't vapid. SHE WAS THERE. If anything her point was more accurate than any government officials or journalist. Just because she doesn't work along side of the Prime and write legislation, doesn't mean that her account of her school BEING BOMBED is wrong. Everyone is sooo uncomfortable about making "important" people pissed, that they fail to be honest and live in reality. And in reality, "IMPORTANT" people are WRONG too!

I'm venting. But there is a point. It is wrong of him to be so blind and power stricken by Lynn Hirschberg.



M.I.A's tweet




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...